So here you are, looking for a new box mod. Because of the fast paced changing technology in vaping, a mod you bought 3 months ago can get old real fast, with all the improvements being made in mod productions.
If you are in the market for a new variable voltage or wattage box mod, here are 7 functions in my opinion your next box mod must have in order to get the most out of your next purchase.
1. Temperature Control – This function does miracles in enhancing e-juice flavor. Temperature control gives you the option to set how hot you want your coils to be. Hitting that sweet spot will do wonders for amping up a juice’s flavor.
2. 5W increments in variable wattage mods – It just makes things faster and easier in switching through wattage compared to increments that go… one… at… a… time.
3. Safety Features – Of course, almost every mod has some sort of safety feature. A ring lock is a safety feature, but for these advanced mods other precaution features are needed.
Good safety features would be reverse battery protection, low resistance protection, high input voltage warning, and output short circuit protection.
And for those of you thinking that a mod will explode in your face in case it lacks any one of these features you can stop with those nasty thoughts because that will not happen. Worse case scenario would be completely damaging your unit, wasting your hard earned money.
4. Sturdy, Yet Smooth Firing Button – A detail that I think gets overlooked because I made the same “mistake” when I purchased an IPV Mini. I loved the design, especially the feel. It had good weight, and back then it was a toss up between the IPV and the iStick 30w, which felt cheaper to the touch for me.
After using it for about a month straight, I started to notice something I have never noticed before, the buttons on the IPV Mini “rattle.” What the heck? Yes, it was a good quality mod, but the buttons were flimsy.
Lesson learned: pay attention to details like build and buttons!
5. Spring Loaded Connector – Having a spring loaded connector ensures your battery is making the proper connection to your atomizer while giving the unit a good look by making your atty sit flush with your mod.
As opposed to an adjustable connector where you screw in your atty first, adjust the connector and fit in the battery. It’s just too much work.
6. Sub Ohm Firing Capability – “Sub-ohm vaping” is no longer a sub-culture of vaping. Thanks to ready-to-use clearomizer tanks, anybody can sub-ohm vape which I think is good for the community.
Make sure your next box mod can fire at low resistance..
7. Magnetized Doors – similar to the spring loaded connector, this feature just makes things faster and easier. It works for me since I probably have lost seven of those little blue screwdrivers.
I feel these 7 features are good to keep in mind when shopping for a variable wattage box mod. I’m hoping to interact with you guys more so leave some comments, and stay off the cigs.