Exploding batteries, every vapers nightmare.
This happened to a former co-worker at my old job. There was 6 of us in a room and suddenly I hear a loud hiss, see a spark followed by a loud bang, then smoke everywhere.
Battery safety is a MUST to know for your own sake. I feel sad however about how the customer ended up suing the vape shop. This was negligence on his part and he should have known better dealing with these type of batteries.
It is people like this that draw heat to our culture. Before we know it, we have more and more regulations on vaping because manufacturers want to avoid lawsuits filed by consumers.
We hurt ourselves in the end.
For anyone reading this that didn’t already know….
Leaving unprotected “spare” batteries in your pockets (ANY type!) can result in the battery shorting out against ANYTHING metal also in your pocket. This short can and WILL result in the battery EXPLODING leaving you badly burned.
Folks it people like this that make warning labels on EVERYTHING entirely necessary….
Fyi!! You shouldn’t use that battery under water either. In case no one specifically told you…
pay ohmage to the flavor….