I just came across this article which reads like a horror movie for every vaper. A man was sent to the hospital after his e-cigarette blew up while he was using it. This is truly horrific and should raise concerns among vape manufacturers and customers. This also gives fuel for anti-vaping, pro-big tobacco lobbyist to further their argument to ban e-cigarettes.
The man in the story is James Lauria. While out for a vape break, his device exploded in his mouth ripping the roof of his mouth and breaking a finger. He was rushed to the ICU for first degree burns.
Now recovering, he needs to have a prosthetic implanted in his mouth, and now talks with a lisp.
This very unfortunate incident does bring up some questions about the validity of this story. The article never mentions what the mod James was using when this happened.
As a vaper, I would like to know who the manufacturer of this crappy device that exploded so I can NEVER buy a product from them ever.
I notice that the article was a bit vague on details and gave more of an emotional, terrifying message that this could happen to anyone who vapes.
Forget warning consumers about this faulty e-cigarette device that is floating around the market, this story wants to say that vape devices are ticking time bombs waiting to explode in the faces of people who use them.
It seems that the anti-vaping media has run of of logical arguments and are now moving toward moral and emotional headlines like “Teens Smoking Marijuana With E-Cigarettes” and “E-Cigarette Blows Up In Man’s Face.”
The lack of details in this article makes me question if its real or not. What do you guys think?