So in case you all didn’t notice, I took a whole month off from blogging. To be honest, I just got burnt out from blogging, and I don’t even post everyday. I’ve never had a blog up for this long, and I had to reset and find my purpose again in why I put up Mr. Long Drag in the first place.
The reason why I put up this blog was to help other vapers out there with whatever vape advice I could offer, and also to document my vaping experiences. After a while however, things started to take a turn.
I was offered products to review, people would want something featured in this blog, and other stuff. I mean, I am truly grateful for all that, it’s just that it took my blog toward another direction, a direction I didn’t really anticipate this blog would take. Heck, I remember the days when I would be happy to get 5 views a day on my blog. Thankfully, the number of views nowadays has far exceeded that number.
But now after a month off, I feel refreshed and I am able to start blogging again. And what is it we like to blog about here in MLD, yes vaping!
So it’s been a little more than 3 years since I first picked up the habit of vaping. The main reason behind it was to stop smoking which vaping did help me overcome. A lot has happened since then, but here I am, still vaping!
I admit, there were times where I wanted to backslide, especially during my first year of vaping. There were a couple of instances where I did pick up a cigarette (1 time I was drunk with a group of non-vapers, and the second was during another night out of drinking and my mod died).
There were also times where I wanted to give up vaping, not to go back to smoking, but because I just had the feeling of vaping having served its purpose for me. I was already off of cigarettes, so why keep vaping?
I’ve seen people give up on vaping, either quit entirely or go back to cancer sticks. I don’t blame them, everyone has their reasons. Vaping is not fore everyone.
Going back to my days as a newbie vaper comparing it to the present, I can confidently say that I will not give up vaping, and I am proud of it.
Here are my top 5 reasons of why the vapelife is for me. See if these reasons coincide with yours:
- Vaping is still better and healthier than cigarettes – I’d say I got cigarettes COMPLETELY out of my system when I was about to hit my 2nd year of vaping. No thoughts of smoking, no cravings, nothing! I can kind of understand why a lot of girls who were non-smokers would make a big deal of my smoking back then. The smell is really offensive. Plus I don’t think I could go back to the nasty taste of cigarettes and make myself smell like an ashtray all day.
- Always something new in vaping for me to get into – Sure, there’s always a new vape product damn near almost every week, and sometimes can burn a hole in your pocket, but these new products are always better than the previous ones. It goes with my Libertarian beliefs of how something can truly flourish without regulations and how the private sector can police itself and does not need the government involved.
- It’s a new hobby for me in my old age – Aside from video games, being on my phone, blogging and hiking, there really isn’t that much going on for me in terms of hobbies. Vaping is a great way to keep your brain sharp by honing your crafting skills (in the form of coil building) and gives users some knowledge in understanding how electricity works!
- I still need my nicotine fix – Although I have dropped from vaping on 12 mg to 3 mg of nicotine, I still need my nicotine every once in a while. Fortunately, vaping lets me get this guilt-free, and I’ve noticed an improvement in my health ever since I stopped smoking. Food is a lot more enjoyable now, although I have gained a few extra pounds since I quit. Okay, maybe not a few, more like 20 pounds which I’m working on to lose. Oh well, it’s give and take right?
- I’ve met a lot of interesting people through vaping – I’ve met a lot of new people through vaping, from vape shop owners, strangers I vape with outdoors, vendors, and other vapers from around the world I’ve connected with through this blog. It’s amazing how people connect on a common hobby.
So yeah, after all these years of vaping, I can say I am sticking with vaping and I have no regrets whatsoever. I am always on the look out for new vape products that are coming out which I could blog about, and new experiences that I could share with everyone here on my blog.
Here’s to many more years of happy vaping to all of us!