My previous post was about why you should get a compact RTA. If I did convince you on that one, then join me on this post as I do a little research on the best compact tanks available to us vapers.
I am loving these new compact tanks because they are a lot easier for me to use. I get to cycle through different e-juice flavors quickly, and personally I think the flavor on these tanks taste better than regular tanks.
I have been searching for my next mini tank, and here’s what I came across when it comes to the best compact tanks that have vapers raving about them at this moment.
And if you have followed my blog long enough, you know I’m all about getting the most value for your money. I have limited my selections to compact tanks to under $40. So here’s what I came up with, the best valued and best performing mini tanks that are available on the market as we speak.
GeekVape Griffin Mini 25mm Two Post RTA
The standard sized Griffin Two Post RTA won the hearts of many sub-ohm vapers and coil builders. The two post was very easy to build coils on whether it was dual or single coil builds.
The Griffin Mini ranks high on the list for it’s great quality along with the many features that it comes with. One of the best tanks you can get if you are an intermediate, or even a novice coil builder for it’s price.
- Great build quality
- Easy deck to build and wick
- Big chimney area
- Single and Dual coil option
- Has both top cap airflow and non-airflow top cap
- Wide open juicing ports, easy to fill with juice
- Good flavor with lots of vapor
- Holds up to 3.5ml of juice
- Warm vape (only a con if you don’t like warm vapes)
- No juice flow control unlike the original Griffin RTA
- Cannot replace non-airflow top cap drip tip
Sigelei Moonshot 24mm 200W Capable Two Post RTA by Suprimo
Here’s the first of 3 California-made tanks on this list. The Moonshot 24 two post RTA got a lot of attention when it first hit the market, and there are many good reasons it should have.
To start off, it’s made by Sigelei, which is a company that is famous for their mods, and it isn’t often that they come out with a tank.
Second, it’s stout build and small drip tip is something you don’t see too often on tanks. The design was made to specifically enhance flavor and vapor production.
The only downside I see with the Moonshot is it isn’t the easiest tank to build on, although it has a Velocity-style 2 post deck. Unless you have been coil building for a while and have experience working with different kinds of tanks, the Moonshot is a great buy for a compact tank.
- Flavor and Vapor is on point
- Wide juice filling holes
- Short drip tip gives a lot of flavor, can be replaced with standard drip tip
- Has juice flow control
- Complicated deck, not the easiest to work with
- A bit pricey, right under $40
- Only holds 2ml of juice
VGOD Trick Tank
The second tank on this list that was manufactured here in California, the Trick Tank was inspired by Vape trick artist Danny Lolo (look him up on Instagram or YouTube) collaborating with VGOD to come up with a simple, yet effective compact sub-ohm tank.
If you are the a newbie vaper who isn’t really comfortable with coil building or a vaper who isn’t really into building coils, a great option for you when looking for a compact tank is the Trick Tank.
And while it doesn’t guarantee you’ll be able to pull of vape tricks like Danny Lolo with this tank, at least you can focus more with honing your vape trick skills rather than focusing on your builds for this tank. Yes, this tank has 0.2 and 0.5 ohm pre-built coils that they sell in packs for under $20 I believe. This Trick Tank comes with a pre-installed 0.2 coil coil so all you have to do is fill her up and she’s ready to go. It’s also pretty easy to fill.
- Delrin wide bore drip tip cap prevents it from getting hot
- No need to build coils, uses disposable coils
- 0.2 and 0.5 ohm coils, great for cloud chasing and sub-ohm vaping
- Pre-built coils last a long time
- Great compact sub-ohm tank for beginners or casual vapers who don’t like coil building
- No rebuildable coil option
- Airflow is fixed, not adjustable
Wismec Theorem Drip Tank Hybrid by Jay Bo Designs
If you are like me and you like that clean, minimalist look, then the Theorem Drip Tank Hybrid might stroke your interest.
This tank is the birth-child of a collaboration between Wisemec, Jay-Bo, and Matt from Suck My Mod. It’s a hybrid tank, which means it combines the functions of a dripper and a tank.
The highlight of this Theorem hybrid tanks is the Notch coil. These are pre-built coils that I have been hearing really good remarks about when it comes to flavor and vapor production.
The top airflow is very open (and adjustable), but not too open that it compromises the flavor. I’ve noted that it gives an airy yet smooth type of vape, something for you lung hitters out there.
- Notch coil gives great flavor and vapor production
- No dry hits if wicked properly
- Lots of airflow
- Unique design
- Wide bore and standard drip tip options
- Top cap airflow moves a lot
- Need glass dripper to fill with e-juice
- Only holds 2.7ml of juice which is decent, but not great for a compact tank
Innokin Axiom Two Post Sub-Ohm Tank System
The third California inspired tank here on our list is the Axiom two post RTA by Innokin. Innokin has been in the game for a while mostly putting out mods. The Axiom is the first compact tank that I know of that was put out by this company, and from the feedback I hear I think they did a great job with the Axiom.
All the reviewers who have tried the Axiom say one thing, the flavor on this tank is amazing! The tons of vapor it puts out is no joke either.
And unlike some of the tanks here on the list, the Axiom gives you a rebuildable deck as well as pre-built coils. So this tank applies to all vapers whether beginner or advanced.
- Great flavor, can also put out huge clouds depending on your build
- Very sturdy build
- Rebuildable and pre-built coil options
- Single or coil coil options
- 3.5ml capacity for e-juice
- Lots of airflow
- 3 wide open juice filling holes under top cap
- Replaceable drip tip
- Stock drip tip is a bit compact for some vapers
- limited vision of your e-juice inside tank
To top off the list, here is a compact tank that is probably the best performing when it comes to flavor enhancement, the MAGE RTA.
The common theme among reviewers is that the MAGE RTA is one of the best tasting rebuildable tanks across the board. It’s simple-to-build deck is also a plus for coil builders, or vapers who are trying to get into coil building.
It does look a little similar to the Moonshot RTA when it comes to design, but it outpoints the Moonshot when it comes to performance and price.
This compact tank does not come with a pre-built coil option, so again this tank is strictly for the coil builders, but easy enough to work with for vapers who want to try their hand in coil building.
- Intense flavor and vapor production
- Easy to build deck
- Lots of airflow
- Great quality build
- Drip tip cap dissipates heat away from your lips
- No juice flow control
- 3ml capacity, but recommended 2.5ml of e-juice
- No pre-built coil option
So there it is people, a list of some great compact tanks that won’t break your budget and will up your vaping game when it comes to flavor and vapor.
If you have any other lists that you would like me to look into, leave comments below or contact me here on my blog.